Thursday, August 19, 2010

Yes! I agree!

image

Although I’m pretty lenient to what I watch, regarding sitcoms, I strongly dislike(And I use that word very loosely) 2 sitcoms: Everybody Loves Raymond, and According to Jim. They lasted too long, and were the most average, boring shows. Ever.

image

I’m not sure how legible that is, but basically, TVTropes, a website about television, says the show is extremely average and nothing exciting really happens, at all. That’s like the quiet kid in everybody’s English class, who you don’t ever hear speak. And when people have to read their own stories about some random highlights of their lives, they’ll usually have something like going on a roller coaster or a sports thing. So after listening to their most likely boring story, you still don’t know anything about them.

And again, According to Jim might as well be the same show.

image

Seriously, if I’m willing to watch basically anything with a laugh track and have positive thoughts on it(Or at least be nice), then why do I hate these shows so much? It’s because nothing notable happens, at all. Oh, I’m sorry. That depressed older brother got married in Everybody Loves Raymond? I wouldn’t know, it’s not like she changed the show or anything. At least in other shows, babies were born, marriages occurred, divorces happen, and character development. But if a show that’s on for 8 or 9 years has no storylines and the DVD box covers don’t show a different cast, with hair changes, or noticeable aging, then why should I watch it? If I won’t feel bad for these characters, then why should I waste 22 minutes on them?

Oh yeah, I also dislike According to Jim, because apparently, it indirectly cancelled George Lopez.

[/rant]

4 comments:

  1. The only thing I liked about Everybody Loves Raymond, was Peter Boyle. He was hilarious, not only in that show, but in other work he had done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't sure who Peter Boyle was, so I decided to Wikipedia him, and I found out he died recently. :( Now I feel bad for making this post.
    But yeah, it was an okay show, but I hated how the guys were portrayed as stupid and selfish and the women are always right. And how it's syndicated EVERYWHERE. TVLand, TBS, and I've seen it on several local channels too. :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, that part's understandable.

    Peter Boyle MADE that show hilarious, everyone else sucked. Although, Doris....Roberts I think her last name is, she played Ray's mom, was awesome in other movies, like Grandma's Boy, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was reading once in my basement, and my Dad was watching Grandma's Boy. That was... awkward. xD

    ReplyDelete