Saturday, August 14, 2010

Another Reason to Hate Disney

I’ll start this post off with restating that yes, I’m a 15 year old boy who (still) watches Disney Channel and Nickelodeon. And it’s not as mind numbing as everyone says it is, or at least some of the shows are watchable. So anyway, I haven’t seen any new episodes of Wizards of Waverly Place in a while and I read that the last few episodes of this season will be big (According to TVTropes, anyway), so I was concerned that either A) Disney realized it has more than tweens watching it so they’re screwing it to end it or B) Disney aired only a few promos for the new episodes, and it got blocked out by Phineas and Ferb or Suite Life on Deck stuff.

But guess what I found out on Wikipedia? The fourth season and second movie will be the last parts of the series, and then they’re just gonna cancel production on it.  Yes, I understand that 4 seasons and 2 movies is a lot for a kids show, but still. It’s going to end around 2011 or 2012, whereas other shows on Disney got like 6 years of production or marketing, and tons of merchandise and music, concerts, and dolls(Hannah Montana) or they were on Disney for 3 seasons, then they got a ‘spinoff’(I use that term very loosely), and are still surviving another 3 seasons(The Suite Life series. But seriously, it’s basically 6 seasons of the same show.) So why can’t Wizards survive? If the trio(Well, David Henrie and Selena Gomez, anyway) are getting too old, can’t they just add some adult humor, retool it a little, and send it to ABC Family? I mean, seriously! They already had an episode where Alex(Selena Gomez) kills someone (Well, freezes, then unintentionally breaks into pieces and shrug off). Can’t they just make it like Sabrina the Teenage Witch more?

So, in another Disney news… that Den Brother movie aired. Just from watching those commercials, I knew what the entire movie would be. Main kid(Hutch Dano or something?) is annoying, gets in trouble for ego, takes care of annoying sister and friends(G… something. Couldn’t they shorten her last name, too?), ‘hilarious’ montage takes place where Hutch dresses up as their (female) adult chaperone, antics which only embarrass and kill any chance of Hutch’s career outside of Disney occur, then Hutch goes out on a date with random Girl. RG then goes like ‘What? You’re a jerk! I hate you! You suck!’ or something among those lines, and then this is when Hutch decides to change his act with the help of some annoying background music, which totally isn’t symbolic of anything. Then there’s something involving hockey, like a game against the rival team, and while Hutch takes annoying sister and friends there as a ‘field trip’, one of the team members on the hockey team get injured (Bonus points if it’s the former best friend) and Hutch has to sub for him or something (It’s Disney, and I don’t get involved in sports, so I’m not sure if that’s allowed), but there’s some regulation about… I don’t know, but they don’t let him play. So then, brilliantly, annoying sister plays! And there’s some random moment like potential love interest for Random Girl on the rival team crosses the line and almost knocks the sister out, and then there’s a slow motion/suspense moment where, guess what? The little sister wins the game. And then the Random Girl falls in love with Hutch and the movie ends with a song, which is probably performed by Hutch or the sister. Bonus points if it’s a duet.

Yeah, I need to watch less Disney.

3 comments:

  1. And did the girl look like Demi Lovato or what?

    I hope WoWP fans go "Kim Possible" on this.
    Hey, you never know. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing wrong with continuing to watch Disney or Nickelodeon ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, I thought I posted this., but I probably closed the tab while I was typing it. :(
    @ SS: I thought all the Disney people looked like each other. :P
    @ xXAngelicEvilXx: Thank you! I still get treated weirdly for watching kids stuff. :P When I told my parents I watched Toy Story 3, their reactions were like 'No, really. What movie did you see?'.

    ReplyDelete