Thursday, August 26, 2010

Melissa Joan Hart-less

Normally, I would recap Tuesday’s episode, but SS did that, so I don’t want to post the same thing twice. :P But, I did go on Television Without Pity for Melissa and Joey, and I found out… that MJH(Yeah, there’s no way I’m typing Melissa Joan Hart everytime I wanna mention her :P)…

image 

  • Has said homophobic stuff on her MySpace page. Although the links were taken down, apparently, she seemed pretty pissed that her husband got screwed over by Chris Daughtry, and his music that he wrote for her. She called the new, rewritten version of her husband’s song ‘gay’, and ‘a fairly love song’.image
  • She said some really mean stuff about Farrah Fawcett dying.

image

Now, MJH, I understand you’re a bitter former child star, and that you’re upset that your stuck with crappy ABC Family roles, but being a snobby homophobe who speaks too fast and overacts won’t help your reputation.

My comments are: For the first issue, there’s a difference between a middle school student calling something gay, and a 30-something mother of two calling something gay. I’m straight, so I’m just saying that not only gay people get offended by those kinds of actions. And what would she think of some of the more, uh, lighter, un-Daughtry like pop music that Idol produces? Besides, she could’ve dealt with bad companies the mature way: Suing them. :P

And for the Farrah Fawcett comment? Melissa, look, you’re a former child star. Your weight will be going up and down like a Ferris Wheel. You could’ve just gain 60 pounds on purpose and look fat, then suddenly ‘miraculously’ lose wait, and get like 20 magazine covers, an exercise video, and a show. And even if you did think that, it’s just tasteless to talk about someone, let alone Farrah Fawcett, like that. She’s been performing before you were born, and she’s been through a lot. She deserves to get magazine covers when she’s ill. I feel bad that her life ended tragically like that, and that Michael Jackson overshadowed her death, but if her personal life was hell, the least she deserves is one magazine cover. Besides, one magazine cover. MJH, that’s not gonna spark your comeback. And people would just think ‘Hey, isn’t that Sabrina?’, then walk past it. It wouldn’t start anything else.

Will I still watch M&J? Yes, probably. Will I be as lenient when criticizing it? No.

2 comments:

  1. Gee whiz, that's awful! Never would have thought MJH capable of that sort of behavior. Good thing I wasn't watching her new show, saves me the trouble of boycotting it. 0_o

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! She always looked so nice on set and everything. Maybe she really is a good actress. :P

    ReplyDelete