Thursday, August 19, 2010

Schedules and Signatures

So today, after countless hours of waiting for the mailman, I got my sophomore schedule! Yay! Finally, the suspense is gone and I can see who else is in my classes and what not. I should be happy, right? Except, the guidance counselor people screwed up my schedule a little, and forgot to assign my lunch for one day. And some other schedule conflicts which I dislike…

  • My gym classes are in the morning and afternoon. They both aren’t at the same time, but if they let us out late during the afternoon class, then I miss my bus, and need a ride home. Or, I could wait an hour and a half for the late bus, with a bus driver who scares me(I’ll explain later), and come home late and do my homework late and sleep late, and my sleep cycle would be ruined, which would screw me for my morning classes…, and you get the idea. This year, after some point in May, I started sleeping later and later because of homework. Then, I almost fell asleep in a lot of my classes, which sucked. But it’s only for the second quarter/term/marking period, so that’s not so bad. And then, there’s the whole Morning- My hair is ruined, afternoon- I come home sweaty and gross issue, but that can’t be so bad, right?
  • 3 Honors classes and 1 AP class. Expect me to be on less.
  • The teachers. About two or three of the teachers have a reputation for being tough. One of them doesn’t give out A’s easily. For an elective. And my Spanish teacher was talking about how there was a conflict about who would teach the upper levels of Spanish, and said it was narrowed down to two teachers. And my Spanish teacher is neither of those names, so I’m hoping that one of them just married/divorced/changed their name, and not a last minute girl who just got hired because she was the only one available. And even then, one of the teachers were really strict, and the other one was clueless, to quote my Spanish Teacher.
  • Driver’s Ed. The closest thing I’ve done to driving is Mario Kart Wii. What if everyone knows everything and I don’t? What if I don’t pass the test and have to go retake it on my own time? And then, in NJ, we have to drive around with a supervisor for 6 hours. When will that be? During a busy weekday? Or on a weekend? And it’s just weird. Like at first, I use to sleep in the backseat on road trips, pretty soon I’ll be driving. And other drivers…. Yikes.

And this week, on Animal Farm The Sims 3 EA forum, they traded signature space for…. links to their social networking sites! I’m kind of happy and angry. The only good thing is now I don’t have to see people who just embed every video of every song they like or post all of their celebrity crushes in their signatures, so that’s okay, I guess. But that doesn’t make up for all the cropped signatures and how EA is being stupid, selfish, and hypocritical. I don’t mean to make fun of anyone who goes on their pages on those websites, but the Facebook one is seriously…. ugh. I’ve seen people who make Facebook accounts for their Sims and post every picture they take onto their album. And the second EA posts something, it gets millions of likes and comments within a minute. Their YouTube channel has okay videos once in a while, but I don’t go there everytime I’m online. And Twitter. I don’t even check celebrity-twitters that I’m obsessed with. Why would I follow EA?

Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment