Wednesday, August 18, 2010

A New Kind of… Actually, No

So, last night I went to the mall. Sorry, Melissa Joan Hart! I didn’t watch your show! And ABCFamily decided to retaliate by have Melissa and Joey ads everywhere at the mall. Yikes. So, being the kind person I am, I decided to try watching M&J(Yes, I’m going to abbreviate it as that now.) online, on the ABCFamily website. And I watched the first episode. It was okay. It’s seriously… average. I’d give it a C. I remember watching some episodes of Who’s the Boss when I was 8 or 9 on Nick@Nite, and this feels like a revamp. Seriously. It has references to political scandals! Failing schools! And the economy! And they think they were being clever when at the end of the pilot, Joey tells Boy(I don’t know his name.) ‘Mom’s home’ and it’s some kind of symbolism for them living together with romantic tension. Reeeealllly clever, writers. I did laugh at the part when Lennox(I think?), the daughter, passed out letters about a rhyme for the principal, Ms.Lunt.

I haven’t watched the second episode yet, but that’s more out of laziness. So, do I recommend the show? Eh, it’s alright. Hopefully it gets better.

 

 

And what’s with schools who mail things out late? Schedules, progress reports, report cards, and so on. Yet they ask for the most trivial paperwork within a day or two of it being given, even if it includes 20 pages of forms. Schedules are especially ridiculous, considering most schools start course selecting near February, and I don’t think guidance counselors need 6 months to make schedules. Especially if they push students away after, saying that they are ‘extremely busy’. I’m just happy my guidance counselor helped fix my course selection sheet’s mistakes and typos.

No comments:

Post a Comment