Friday, December 17, 2010

MegaRant

So, remember how I said a lot happened to me this week? Well, here’s my mega rant. I’ll start from Monday Morning.

Monday

In photography, I had to retake and develop pictures. We have to use a timer to know when to rinse the tank, and the timers, for some reason, are on the other side of the classroom. So I set mine up, and I was looking at it, like, OCD glaring. There’s this boy in my class who dislikes me [The replacement], and he saw me look at the timer. Do you know what he does? The asshole just played around with the time for no effing reason! Oh, no, I know why. Because he’s a creep who hates me. Seriously. He has my hairstyle, was friends with my 7th grade friends in 8th grade, was friends with my 8th grade friends in 9th grade and wears a lot of the same clothes as I do. I think he has an idea that he’s trying to replace me, or something.  But yeah, he played around with my timer, and when I yelled and glared at him, he was like ‘Uh, how was I supposed to know?’. First of all, any idiot can look at a timer and think ‘Gee! It’s moving! I better not touch it!’, and there were other timers, so if he had such a burning desire to move the timer, he could’ve use one that wasn’t in use. And he saw me look at the timer, so he’s obviously trying to sabotage me.

In APUSH I, my teacher got mad at our class for talking and gave us a lot of busy work to do in addition to the chapter outline we had to do for Wednesday.

In English, we got grades back. Apparently, some people are doing really horrible, so he assigned us an in class essay Tuesday. This annoyed me, because the class isn’t really complicated, and the teacher is an easy grader. He even admits it. So because some people don’t care about the class, we all had to do an essay the next day. Seriously, why? If they didn’t care about the first essay, why would they care about the new one? And he told us we needed specific, word for word quotes from the stories too. I had too much homework that night, so I decided to just go to the library at lunch and get quotes then.

Mood = Disappointed smile

Tuesday

I couldn’t go to an after school club/trip, because I had a lot of homework. I was disappointed.

In SAT Prep, we had a vocabulary quiz. Except my teacher copied the wrong quiz, so she had to postpone it for Thursday. I was annoyed, because I spent an hour studying for this quiz, and she copied the wrong one, so that hour went to waste. And I also had a Biology quiz, which…

… went horrible. I failed, and my teacher was a jerk about it. I studied for 4 hours, and she said ‘If you’re failing these quizzes, then I don’t know what to tell you. They’re just vocab, straight out of the notes. You’re just not studying.’. The class is filled with freshman, and their classes aren't that hard or time consuming, so they have more time to study. As a Sophomore, I can’t just spend 3 days working on a biology quiz, so I just cram the night before, and apparently, that’s not enough? She’s acting like she’s my only teacher.

At lunch, the library was filled with the same people who BS all their assignments in English. Gosh. They can’t even do one assignment without depending off of SparkNotes.

In gym, a freshman girl yelled at me because I was ‘in her way’. She said it in a really angry tone, and her friends made her apologize. She was really reluctant, and she just whispered sorry to herself. The next time I passed, her friends were like ‘Kayla, say sorry!’ and she was like ‘I already said sorry! Baring teeth smile‘ and then her friends must’ve glared or something and then she said sorry. I got annoyed because I did nothing wrong, and even if I did, she shouldn’t have freak out like that. Goodness. If I yelled at everyone who got in my way, I’d lose my voice.

At the bus, there’s this one seat that has less leg room because the bottom has this heat thing which takes up a lot of space. SS’s and my legs were leaning against the seat before us, and the kid who sat their went batshit crazy. He just stood up, turned around, and started yelling at us about how we were kicking his chair and how he saw us and crap. Bullshit. We so weren’t kicking his chair. And when him or obnoxious timer boy from photo class sits behind us on the bus, they always kick our seat, and when we confront them, they make us look like we’re the bad ones. We were going to tell him that, but he looked like he was going to kill someone, so we just played along. His friends told him to chill. He didn’t apologize at all. I mean, when we confronted him previously, we just suggested that he was kicking our seat politely, not break into some angry monster. Gosh.

I slept at 12:30 AM. I started my homework around 4:00 PM.

Mood = Steaming mad

 

Wednesday

In photography, I couldn’t retake my pictures (Which didn’t come out, btw), because the teacher spent the class talking about a future project that could’ve been summed as ‘Use lights to change how your picture looks. Partner up and use these portable lamp stuff’, but he had to explain a project that nobody was going to reach for another week. There goes my goal of trying to finish the current project (Which I’m behind on because he’s so vague) by the end of this week.

Other then that, Wednesday went relatively okay. I found out some bad grades and realized my classes might not be all honors/AP next year, which kind of stinks. I’m not an elitist, I just like to be in a class with people who actually care about school.

Mood =Annoyed

 

Thursday

In photography, a boy (Who from what I’ve heard, is from special education classes, went to a ‘special’ school because of bullying, and tries to act ‘bad/weird’ for attention) complained to the teacher that he’s giving too much projects, he only helps the same handful of students, and he never helps some people and gives them bad grades. YES! My thoughts exactly. I got an 80 on my project, but he told me two out of three of my pictures were good, so…? And I noticed he graded something incorrectly. I was supposed to get an 85, but he added the numbers incorrectly, so I got an 80. I showed him, and he was like ‘Oh, sorry. Actually, you know what? Let me take a look at this.”, so that’s probably his way of saying ‘an 80 is too high’. So…. D: . But my pictures came out, so yay!

The SAT Prep vocabulary quiz was okay.

In APUSH I, we did a debate about court cases. We were divided into two groups (Guilty and not guilty, if you had to know Smile with tongue out) and my side was literally just SRB from a few posts ago talking over everyone. Seriously, WTF? If anyone else dared talk over someone else, all hell would’ve broke loose. But because it’s the class president, it’s okay? WHAT?

English… ugh. We had to do book club stuff out of 8 books. We had to pick the three books we wanted to read the most. While SS and I were picking, he asked if we were thinking of working together. I just went to ‘look at books’, because I was too angry to respond, but SS just said it depends on what’s available.

That statement bothered me. A lot. Seriously, wtf? He’s normally a chill teacher, but suddenly his ‘great injustices of society’ radar went off at the thought of –gasp– twins working together in a book club! Besides, there are people who are way more single minded than SS and I are, and they’re allowed to work together. Just because we shared a womb and now a room, we’re suddenly not allowed to read the same piece of literature?

We had to play a word jumble to get guaranteed first pick. I was trying so hard, but at the last minute, I just thought ‘You know what? This is bullshit. I won’t get to work with SS anyway, and I’ll always get the short end of the stick”, so I just packed up.

And that night, I only had a Spanish worksheet and quiz to study for.

Mood = Confused smile

Friday

My photography teacher said he fixed my grade, but he didn’t show me. So I’m paranoid that he made it worse without telling me. D: I got a picture done, so I’m halfway finished with this project. Then, he started to tell me a motivational speech about how I’m finally learning things in photo and my pictures are coming out better… or something like that. I just smiled and nodded.

In math, my teacher got pregnant and had a baby, so we have a maternity sub. We had a quiz last week, and today we went over it. A girl was complaining about how MS graded everything wrong, and then more people joined in the complaints. Pretty soon, 90% of the class was yelling at her. She was trying to deal with each complaint individually, but then just walked over to the door and yelled at our class. Actually, no. This is what she sounded like.

Hey guys, be quiet. If you have a problem with my grading, then say it nicely, like ‘Oh hey, I think there’s something wrong with my test’, not ‘You graded my test wrong!’. Like, be nice. Don’t just yell at me like that.

I felt bad, because she can’t control the class, and she’s the only teacher who I have this year, who as of this blog post, seems genuinely nice and real. And her voice was going from loud to quiet and back to loud and she felt like she didn’t want to do it. It reminded me of Carrie, because she closed the door and told the class off, which reminded me of Carrie, so I laughed, then I remembered ‘they’re all going to laugh at you!’, so I laughed even more. It doesn’t help that she kind of looks like Carrie. But yeah, my class was just being rude to her . They just want to watch Numb3rs because she played it once, on the day before Thanksgiving. They threw a tantrum at her when it didn’t work this Monday, and next week, she’s going to make a review game and show Numb3rs, because our class is ugh. There’s this one girl who just wants free handouts for her grades. She’s so lazy. She spends more time making excuses than actually learning or trying to learn. She complains about bringing a textbook to class. Ugh.

In English, we got out book club groups. Thursday, we had to write down three books which we wanted to read from his list, and he said that everyone either got their first or second pick. Guess who got third choice from the list? Seriously, I just put it as a last resort option, but he gave me my third pick just to keep SS and I apart. Why? Ugh. I saw a bunch of single minded people work together. Hell, one group is filled with the ‘same’ person! When we had to sit with our groups, I happened to sit in SS’s seat from before, and this conversation happened.

Him: SS?

Me: *silent, not paying attention*

Him: SS?

Me: *still not paying attention because I didn’t know he was talking to me*

Him: SS?

Me: *Oh crap he wants to talk to me, *looks around**

Him: Hey, SS, why didn’t you look?

Me: I’m not SS. I’m AT95.

Him: Oh, then why are you sitting in his seat?

Me: For my group.

Him: Oh. Well, I didn’t see your watch, so…

Me: Oh, okay?

Him: I just wanted to let you know why you and SS aren’t working together. It’s for a new experience.

Me: *packing up* Umhm.

Him: And you wouldn’t get that if you worked together.

Me: Umhm.

 

Like seriously, wtf? Like I said before, there’s one group filled with hive-minded people. There’s another group with people who BS their assignments. And I can’t even read a book I wanted to read that much (Lord of the Flies, btw), because he thinks he’s giving us a learning experience. I don’t even remember the last time I worked with SS for a project longer than a day (As in, not just one class period). Okay, well, I do, but it was for a debate that lasted 3 days. But anyway, he’s acting like us reading the same book is going to create chaos. I felt more offended that he had to tell me.  Like he thought I was too stupid to add the clues on my own. Ugh. I don’t hate him, I just disagree with his beliefs for this. I mean, how is this supposed to teach me anything if I’m spending the whole time regretting this?

 

Mood = Disappointed smile but then I remembered it’s Friday, so Open-mouthed smile

Thank you for reading this. Smile This is probably my longest post ever.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. Your school has a lot of stupid teachers and people in it. Seriously, what a bunch of douche bags.


    Sorry that your week was so bad. Hopefully next week will be better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. Apparently, the holidays are making people Grinches :/.

    Thanks. I hope it is. It's only 4 days, and it ends with Christmas Eve, so so far, next week is already better than this one. :D

    ReplyDelete