Thursday, December 23, 2010

Vacation!

I’m finally on vacation! Open-mouthed smile Even though my school keeps making it shorter each year, my (small) holiday break is really appreciated. I only have to read 1 chapter of Lord of the Flies and do some assignments with it, and do ~60 vocab flash cards for SAT Prep.

I won’t be mundane so I’ll save you the extremely boring details of my week. But I’ll just focus on some key points:

- My grades are getting worse. Actually, I’m not sure. The classes I’m doing bad in (Biology and APUSH), had major assignments this week so that could help or hurt my grade. The classes I was doing borderline-okay in (Spanish 3 and SAT Prep), are getting better… slowly. The classes I actually was doing good in (English and Geometry)… well…. . English; my teacher is being… lazy, and he’s not grading that one essay from last week. But he put it on the website, but since he didn’t put the actual grade yet, it’s 0 out of 100, so my average went down. :/ And in Geometry, I understand the lessons, finish my homework in class, and get As on quizzes, but I’ve been getting Bs on my tests. And my average is slowly going down. I don’t have any grades in Photo yet, but I’m behind on projects, so that’s not a good sign.

- This week, I started to think about my life. Like, what have I done this year? What am I doing with my life? I think I’m socially failing as a teenager. I’m not one of those loud social people who talk with everyone in the hallways, and I don’t sit with people at lunch, hang out with people outside of school, or go to parties. I don’t date yet (My personal rule is it’s not dating if your Mom has to pick you up from the mall. And it’s not a romantic kiss if 600 people are watching you in the hallway), and I don’t have a part time job. I know life isn’t about doing what all the cool kids are doing, but it makes me feel like I’m wasting my time. If school’s the only the only real commitment I have, and I’m not doing so good there, then what does that say about me?

I’m kind of scared of Holiday break, in a way. If I spend it incorrectly, I’ll regret it for the next few weeks, but I don’t know how I want to spend it. In my basement, relaxing? Around town, shopping? At my desk, studying? Okay, so definitely not the last one, but you get my point.

Happy Holidays!

5 comments:

  1. First of all, happy Holiday Break :]! And I hope your grades are going to get better. how is Lord of the Flies so far for you? I wanted to get it yesterday at the book store (Along with Animal Farm. Have you read that?) , but wasn't sure.

    And don't worry about your social life. I've spent the past three years of my life thinking about that (Especially in 8th grade. that was awful. I was depressed that entire year), and honestly what it comes down to is if you're happy with your life the way it is, then screw what everyone else thinks! As long as your happy, that's all that matters. Maybe you just like being alone a lot? I know I do :]!

    I don't hang out with friends out of school save a few times a month, and lately not even that. I've only hung out with like 2 people this school year, mainly because I like being alone a lot lol. I've only been to like a party once in my life (Minus family parties. Those don't count though lol). I don't like them. There too loud and I don't dance lol.

    School is my big accomplishment too, there's nothing to be ashamed of lol. Geeks rock :]! And it sounds like a lot of your teachers sound really stupid, so don't worry about your grades not being all As.

    I'm not romantic either. I mean I'm working on it, but idk what's going to happen with that. It's no big deal if you don't date. A lot of kids don't.

    As for lunch, that was basically me all through middle school. Try to find someone cause it is sort of fun to talk to people at lunch (Especially if you need to rant about something :]), although if you're fine with sitting by yourself then go for it!

    My point is that there a lot of kids just like you and you aren't alone. We all can just socially fail together lol. It doesn't mean we're losers lol. I mean I talk to people at school, but not so much outside lol. But for my whole life until this school year, I never really talked to anyone minus two people.

    And I wouldn't now, but I joined this one thing and it gave me people to talk to and stuff. Maybe try joining a club if you do want to talk to people? You usually can find interesting people there.

    Anyways sorry for my long post. Hope you have a good Christmas Break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lord of the Flies is eh. I guess I'm not interested in books that focus more on action than dialogue and character development. I loved Animal Farm. Okay, well, not really. It's a sad book, and you'll love to hate it, but I finished it in like 2 or 3 sitting, and you'll probably need it for school at one point, so I'd recommend reading it.
    For a social life, I've tried to sit with others at lunch, but they'd either ignore me, or literally ask me 'why are you here?'. And I tried sitting with people for like... more than a year?
    I go to a club, and I have one friend that I found there. So that's good. :)
    I guess high school social lives don't really matter. Once college comes, I'll barely see these people. :|

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and thank you! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks :]! I'll have to read Animal farm then. That's good about your club. And the lunch situation sucks doesn't it? That happened to me all of middle school. Bleh once college comes it doesn't really matter cause like you said you're never going to see them again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah. Especially if people call me a loner whether or not I sit with people. T_T Seriously. I just want to get into a good college and move on.

    ReplyDelete