Saturday, December 4, 2010

Facebook Profile Pictures

If you’ve been on Facebook this weekend, you may have noticed some people changing their profile pictures to cartoon characters. It’s to fight child abuse, or at least stand up against it. I like it because it’s uniting a lot of people in my school. The athletes, the GLEEks, the mean girls, the girl with the bad reputation, and everyone else is changing their profile pictures for this cause. Okay, so I’m not sure if they’re doing it knowingly or not, but it’s nice to pretend that everyone cares about child abuse. I changed mine to Bloo from Foster’s Home for Imaginary Friends. :) You know how it says ‘So and so and 23 other friends changed their profile pictures’? For mine, everyone has a cartoon. It feels like a pretty good accomplishment. I’m just disappointed with this one girl from school who’s a bit slutty and just takes those annoying phone-mirror or webcam pictures with that duck face and peace sign. She has like a new profile picture up every two or three days, and she has changed her picture to celebrity guys that she likes before, but she can’t just Google a cartoon character? Seriously, that’s like a new low for her.

Have you changed your profile picture to a cartoon character on Facebook?

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I don't have a Facebook cause I don't have a camera and yeah, but that's good to hear that people are doing that. That sucks that that one girl didn't do it though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, she's a little... full of herself. :/
    I wish I made a Facebook later (Like, after high school or something). I'm like addicted to it now. D:

    ReplyDelete