Thursday, December 23, 2010

Merry Christmas Eve!

Merry Christmas Eve to my fellow Christians. Smile Happy holidays to non-Christians. And enjoy your day if you won’t be celebrating anything.

Tomorrow, my family is having our party. I probably will go to the mall to just browse for no reason, or do my homework, because the party is at night, so yeah.

I hate how I had like a whole list of LiveJournal Sims legacies I wanted to read, but now I can’t find any of the ones I want to read. I had like a handful of interesting ones, too. Okay, so the founders looked pretty. And they were Sims 2 legacies. I remember I started reading Sims 2 legacies in 8th grade when I was depressed-ish, and they gave me something to look forward to when I came home. But… I finished reading them in like 2 weeks, so for the past 2 years, I’ve been trying to find legacies that last for more than 5 generations and update often. Oh, and sometimes for added funsies, the legacy author’s PhotoBucket account will run out of bandwidth, so there will be chapters of just that ‘You need more bandwidth, upgrade to PhotoBucket Pro now!’ message. :/ So Sims 2 legacies remind me of 8th grade, and some of my better memories of it… which were spent online. Anyway. I’m going into flashback mode, so I might as well tell a story from *gasp* 2009!

So the powers that be at my middle school somehow decided that letting 8th graders pick out their own roommates would be a good idea… for an overnight field trip. SS and I were new-ish… look, it's a complicated story that I’ll explain later, but all you have to know is that we didn’t really have friends because we were new and then our old friends became jerks. So we needed to fill out a sheet with who we wanted to share a room with, and they said they would split up any ‘problem groups’. SS and I just assumed any ‘popular’ kids would be split up, so we just left our sheet blank (Well, with our names, but 2 empty slots). So then…. we got partnered up with that guy. You know, the one kid everyone unanimously hates, for an actual reason. He’s a jerk, who has real issues. But yeah.

Word spread that we were stuck with him. And some jerks (In case you haven’t noticed, I’m trying to censor myself because it’s Christmas Eve and all) jokingly asked us ‘So, who’s your roommate?’ and stuff. Repeatedly. Like, okay, MYOB much? And my ex friend asked ‘Who are you sleeping with?’. I mean, gay jokes were never funny, it’s okay to be gay, and sharing a room =/= sleeping with someone! Besides, if those roommates were, um, friends with benefits, then my ex-best friend would’ve been practically married with his best friend (AKA my replacer from my uber rant last week [I need a separate page explaining everyone in my life, don’t I?]), and their two other roommates. I’m not even kidding when I say that Replacement Boy is co dependent with Ex best friend, and he’d literally just follow him around, agree with him on everything, and so on. But yeah, ex best friend was just annoying and hypocritical.

So then, the day after, apparently some people were perceptive enough to realize that SS and I are brothers, so we probably would share a bed, which means they would have their own bed, and since we were quiet, it would be like having a room to yourself. And people started asking if we shared a bed.

Yes, we did. But so this won’t end up screenshotted on The Mare’s Nest or something, we share beds for vacations and sleepovers and stuff. I’m pretty sure anyone who is middle class and has a sibling has done this. But yeah, once I said yes, they started going like ‘Aw, man. If I knew that, I’d room with you guys.’ . So technically, everyone wanted to sleep with me at 8th grade. (Forgive me for the horrible joke Smile with tongue out). So I guess we have potential (possibly rich? Open-mouthed smile) roommates for the next overnight field trip. Okay, so I’m somewhat gold-digging, but then again, so are they. And maybe that one field trip could become a genuine friendship? Ugh, there’s no way I can phrase this without making it sound like I’m sleeping with people, or turning a 1 night stand into a relationship.

But yeah, people were nosy when they didn’t have to be.

 

Then, a few months later, there was the school dance. People started asking others out, and then nosy people asked others who they were taking to the dance. I found this annoying, because the dance already bothered me enough. There were some people who didn’t even begin puberty yet, and others could pass off for high school seniors, and they were supposed to dance together? But yeah. People couldn’t mind their own business, and awkwardness occurred. That sentence could describe high school.

 

Wow, only I could turn a ‘Happy Holidays!’ post into a rant about myself. o.O 

So Happy Holidays, and don’t drink and drive!

4 comments:

  1. You should just make it a story on the Sims 3. Just don't pull a Roseanne. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need a separate page to explain all these names and stuff for everyone. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that sucks. Your schools are filled with awful people! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I know. Only 2 and a half years left, though! :)

    ReplyDelete