Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Hillcrest High Alumni

Hillcrest High School has produced successful alumni. Fran Drescher and Ray Romano are successful now. No, really. I feel like I can't avoid them. For example, Ray Romano’s show Everybody Loves Raymond used to just be on TBS. Then it creeped over to the local ex-UPN channel and TV Land. You know, because one channel wasn’t enough! Meanwhile, my Friends friends are gone (Well, except from the CW but I don’t have time to watch it then :(), because network executives like Ray Romano more.

And Fran has a new talk show. I liked it, because she says things that aren’t ‘Guys! food is badz!’ or whatever, but her show had substance. And she didn’t overwhelm us with the cast on the first day. I just don’t like how she’s always referring to everyone as ‘her Jewish friend/cook/lead guitarist’ and so on. I don’t have a problem with her referring to people by their religion, but she made it sound like she discovered them in the middle of nowhere or whatever. Yeah, part of her humor is Jewish humor/jokes, but I feel like she was trying to mention ‘Oh, by the way, did you know ___ is Jewish? So am I! *laughs*.’ I only saw the first episode, but still. Oh, and I heard that some people can’t watch it, so uh oh. D: Apparently, she has a new pilot for TV Land, so maybe that could bump Ray off of it. :)

Happy December!

3 comments:

  1. Lol true. He seems to be on a lot of stations. I never really liked that show, but it must be popular or something. And I agree there really isn't enough of Friends on. They have Raymond on a ton of channels, but Friends is only on TBS and that other station. I'd rather watch Friends than Raymond lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe Everybody Loves Raymond has a cheap syndication deal, like 2 cents an episode, and Friends might have an expensive deal?
    Or maybe Everybody *really* Loves Raymond?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I haven't seen Friends since like, October. I mean, ELR isn't the worst show in the world, but they don't deserve that much coverage.

    ReplyDelete