Sunday, December 5, 2010

Holiday Shopping

So, with the holidays coming closer and closer, gifts are a big part of the experience. And with my family being vague with their interests, it’s hard to shop fo them. I understand holidays are about being selfless and giving to those in need, but it’s hard to be generous with…

  • My Father who is vague about gifts. He doesn’t really have hobbies, or at least none that I know of. If he was a Sim, he’d have the handy trait because he likes to watch HGTV and DIY and stuff. He watches Two and a Half Men, but those season DVDs are expensive for a teenager who doesn’t have a job. Especially considering that FX usually has reruns of it on, so yeah.
  • My Mother who says ‘You shouldn’t have gotten me anything! No, really!”. I usually just buy her gift cards or shirts, but I want to get her something more this year. Maybe a lotion/candle/sanitizer thing from Yankee Candle or something from that tea specialty place. I went to a tea specialty place and saw this Arabic CD, so I might get her that (We’re Armenian, but my Great-Grandparents went to Syria as a result of Diaspora from the Armenian Genocide… so my parents grew up there and stuff so yeah) .
  • My Grandmother who does the same things as my Mom. Except she feels guiltier, because my cousins/her grandkids, who have part time jobs and do a lot of spending don’t get her anything, but I try. My Mom said she saw a shirt from Macy’s that was nice, so we’ll(Did I mention SS and I do joint-shopping?) probably get that.
  • My Brother… who, while I know his tastes, it’s like shopping for myself, so I don’t want to buy myself a gift. Like, just something he can use, not for myself. We don’t have time for video games (D:) and clothes, we share. Ooh, I just had a great idea! I can’t say it because he reads this blog, so yeah.

I mean, I love them, but sometimes I just want to give them one of those ‘Here’s a free hug/raking/shoveling coupon. Expires 12/20/11.’ kind of thing, you know?

Gifts.com is helpful with their personality profiler, but I dislike how you have to buy everything online because the stores they’re in are too far away. And my Mom gets the mail before I come home from school, so she’d probably notice if she mysteriously got a perfume set thing that was shipped to myself. :P

I want Late Night for Christmas, but I don’t want to support EA. But then again, a lot of you anti-EAers caved in… so yeah. :P My brother saw a graphic T shirt maker which he said he’d buy me, but I know I wouldn’t use it at all, or after once, or something. :P

I should add a Holidays tag, shouldn’t I?

Have you done your holiday shopping yet?

3 comments:

  1. Oh that sucks. Maybe you could pitch in for a giftcard for your parents with your brother to a restaurant or to the movies? That would only really work if you could drive though.

    I haven't done mine lol. My sister and brother spend all of their money in college, so my mom said that we weren't going to exchange gifts with each other. I'll probably just pitch in for a restaurant gift card with my siblings for my parents.

    And you should definitely get Late Night it's really fun. A suggestion for you if you do get it is if you don't have Sims in certain clubs, then change those clubs to big parks and you'll get like 10 people in them. Most of my clubs have a lot of people in them now, but a couple of the lounges only have 1 or 2. Plus it adds a lot to the game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. Last night we went to the mall and I got my Mom shower gel stuff from Bath & Body Works; and my Dad a massager thing from Brookstone. So I managed to finish most of my shopping in one weekend. :o

    I'll think about getting LN. I still haven't played in Twinbrook yet, and I got the game in June... so yeah. :P The club tip sounds useful, thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are pretty good gifts lol. Good that you managed to find them gifts :). And you're welcome for the club thing :]!

    ReplyDelete