Friday, October 1, 2010

Well…

Oh. My. Goodness. This weekend, I have homework in *counts* 3/4ths of my classes. What? I understand that this is high school, and I have honors and AP classes, but HONESTLY? The school rewards it’s ‘star students’ by… screwing us over with homework, ruining our posture and social lives? Granted, I don’t have much of a social life to begin with, but honestly. I feel like now, all of my actions will affect me later.

Today, we had a pep rally at school. I don’t play sports. And I realized… why the fudge do people care so much? It’s just kids from different teams wearing their uniforms all day that haven’t been washed, and act like they need to be treated like royalty just because they can run with a ball in their hands. Then, for an hour, the student athletes and the seniors just get treated like they created the Internet or whatever. Am I the only one who thinks that high school treats sports like they’re the top priority? If I’m taking challenging classes, and trying to do good to make the school look good academically, shouldn’t that count for something? I mean, there’s a reason why sports are called extracurricular activities. Don’t get me wrong, sports are okay, but I know several kids who are planning to get into college just by playing football. And trust me, there’s a good chance they’re not going that far for their football dreams. And I also hate how athletes treat people who don’t play sports like second class citizens. Honestly. If I don’t want to play a sport, that should be MY business, right?

Oh, and remember my cousins from a few posts back? Well, they’ve tried inviting SS and I to their Youth Group again. We’ve declined. My parents were not amused. The end.

 

In other news, I’m going to start having random titles instead of boring, average ones when I don’t have any title ideas. So… yeah.

Adios amigos. I have to do my homework. D:

No comments:

Post a Comment