Saturday, October 30, 2010

Happy Halloween!

image

I know it isn’t until tomorrow, but I felt like making a post about Halloween today. :P

So, any plans? I’m too old to trick or treat, as well as I didn’t buy a costume this year(Does Party City even have anything for boy teens anymore?), so I’ll probably be passing out candy instead. :)

Tonight? I think I’m going to the mall, then coming back to finish stuff homework like making flash cards for SAT Prep, and reading Misery by Stephen King. I want to watch mischief-nighters from inside, so I know who to act snarkier to, now. :P Just kidding, of course, but it would be entertaining to see who plans on vandalizing my house tonight. Hmm… my house. That sounds weird. The house that my family and I live in? Our house? Eh, whatever.

I remember in my old town, the teens used to ruin everything for mischief night. As in, spray paint, shaving cream, toilet paper, eggs, and so on. It would look so cool the next day, with toilet paper hanging from trees and everything. Okay, so maybe as an 8 year old, I didn’t understand that people had to clean it up, but hey, it looked scenic in a Tumblr-photographer way. :P Now in my newish town, people just vandalize. Like, they flat out just throw eggs and shaving cream and crap and mess up stuff. For a good week or so before October 30th, everyone in my school just talks about strategy for mischief night. I mean, the town doesn’t get that affected, but the intentions aren’t as playful. Basically SS summarized my thoughts. Mischief night is honestly a waste of resources. Seriously, sending supplies to charities is too expensive, but it’s okay to waste toilet paper on trees? :/

I made the banner above in GIMP and some Windows Live Writer effects. Um, the candy corn used for the picture is from Google. :P

Yesterday in school, some people had interesting costumes. There were a lot of Snookis. Girls and guys *Shutters*. There were some guys dressed in girl costumes too, like a guy in a tight fairy costume. *Shutters even more*. Some creative costumes I saw were… Smurfs, The Scooby Doo kids, the Cookie Monster, the Blue Man group, hippies, 80’s people, and… yeah.

I want to play Sims tonight to mess around in CAS and make more Halloween themed Sims. SS and I made 3 this week. :P That was before the patch issue. :/ It bothers me how some people have mods for everything and nothing ever happens to their game, but SS and I only have custom content and suddenly the game decides not to work. I’m not saying anyone should have a poorly made game, but just my opinions on this issue. :P

OH, yeah. I forgot. Yesterday, on the news, I watch watching some human interest story about kids giving away their Halloween candy because it ruins their teeth, and giving them to the troops in the Middle East… so they could give the candy to the kids of Iraq and stuff. At first, I thought ‘Aw, how sweet’, but then my Dad pointed out that they’re taking candy from privileged kids who can afford dental care, and giving it to kids who can’t even go to school, let alone pay for a cavity. I understand that the people had good intentions, but shouldn’t they think more about these kinds of stuff?

This blog post became too long and ramble-y. So, uh, have a Happy Halloween to those who celebrate it!

2 comments:

  1. Wow at the Snooki costumes :O. And you'll love Misery! It's my favorite book of his. Just narrowly ahead of IT. I agree with the last part of what you said 100 percent. And Happy Halloween to you too =]!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, lol. I have to finish it by... next Tuesday? D: I have school off Thursday and Friday so I'll probably get some reading done then.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete