Saturday, October 16, 2010

Break

I’m gonna take a break from playing the Sims for a while. No, I’m not boycotting EA(Like that, anyway :P), trying to act all cool and rebellious to get someone’s attention, or anything. I have my own reasons.

  1. Grades. Yeah, I don’t play on weeknights, but on weekends, I try to rush through schoolwork to play, but my grades are kind of lower this year. I’m not sure if it’s a correlation between that, or that Honors and AP classes are hard. Either way, I’m not going to try and find out.
  2. Glitches. No, I don’t have any mods. Just a lot of custom content. But the game doesn’t let my Sims fall asleep anymore, so I have to delete the moodlet manually. Bathing doesn’t work either. No, I don’t watch my Sims shower, but I can tell by the moodlets. :P And the green lines don’t help. Nobody could visit, so that takes some fun out of the game. But worst of all: The game will randomly shut down on me. Even when I’m saving. Yeah, now it takes like 10 minutes to load, but it’s annoying to play through 3 days of birthdays, promotions, weddings, and lifetime wishes but then you have to redo it all. :/
  3. Personal boredom. The 8 Sims limit really ends plans. And I hate that part where you don’t know what to do for the heir, what to do with the model-esque spares, and so on.

 

I’m just feeling empty. I wait all week for the weekend, and once it finally comes, I don’t know what to do. Then it’s Sunday night, and I’m filled with regret. I’m addicted to the Internet, so weekends are hard: Spend it online and feel bored, or don’t go online and have withdrawal symptoms?

My ‘dream’ weekend consists of several things:

  1. No homework. But thanks to SAT Prep, I have vocab quizzes every Monday. :/
  2. Going to the mall, and not just eating Chinese food there. I mean, I love fast food, but I hate feeling like a bum who only leaves his house to eat. Like, I want to buy stuff and talk with people and have my own ‘When I was 15’ stories. And my own personal funds are almost dry, so yikes. :/ I have like a 100 dollars in those spare change counter stuff, but my parents always forget to take it with them to the bank.
  3. Go to Youth group and hang out with friends. No, not the Friday one with my cousins. But the one with the Church that I go to. Even if it’s overpopulated by wannabe Guidos and guidettes.
  4. Watch TV, play video games, and go online. I can only watch Nick @ Nite, which has my favorite shows, only on weekends, as well as Roseanne and Friends. I have too much video games to play, and my moods for video games can go from Sims to Super Smash Bros Brawl in an hour, so yikes.

Oh yeah. Final question. How much are restaurant tips supposed to be? Last Friday, I went to youth group with my cousins. Aside from having a horrible time there, we went out to eat after. SS and I both ordered soda and chicken quesadillas(6.95). Since SS got me pretzels at the mall the week before, I decided to pay for both of us. So, 6.95 + 6.95 + I’m guessing like two dollars at most for the drinks = $16.00-ish, right? Well, I never got any change back. There was like, 7 or 8 other people(And most of them have jobs), and Oldest Cousin told me that my four dollars went to the tip. Well, if the other 7 or 8 people paid 2.00 dollars in tips, is 16 dollars a lot for one group? Oldest Cousin and Middle Child Cousin only had 3 dollars in change with them(And they were the ones who were begging to eat out!), and they both ordered coffee, which was like $1.49, or something, so there’s no way they paid for tip. Then, they just handed me some spare change(Like a quarter and nickel, or something) and acted suspicious(Like, ‘Here’s your change. But just to make sure you didn’t take mine, how much were you supposed to get back?).  As I mentioned before, most of them had part time jobs, so SS and I think that they just think we’re stupid with money and can’t add, so they manipulated us into paying for tip. The waitress’s service wasn’t anything that special either, and the best thing she did was ignore our table when they other 6 were being really loud. So, did SS and I get ripped off? Or am I just bad with money, bitter about the night, and projecting my feelings of resentment onto them?

 

In other news, Fran Drescher got her own talk show, Melissa and Joey got a full 30 episode season, and Courtney Cox got a divorce. :|

2 comments:

  1. Ummm, I've heard some potentially good news...

    Jarsie 9 has been banned, hopefully perma'd. ILovetheSims3 or whatever his name is posted on his blog about it.

    OMG... please let it be true!

    anyhow, maybe this news will cheer you up....

    ReplyDelete
  2. :O OMG NO WAY! w00t! :)

    And it made my night. :] Thanks!

    ReplyDelete