Friday, September 10, 2010

Update

Hi guys. I started school this week, and here’s my view on classes and stuff, in no specific order.

  • Why is my SAT Prep class filled with juniors? D: I feel awkward in it. Like, I’m taking it to early or they’ll think I’m annoying. But the teacher is fun so that’s okay, I guess.
  • Remember ‘Mariah’ from a few blog posts ago? I have geometry AND English with her. –_- Oh gosh. This is gonna be an annoying year.
  • My Biology (Honors :o) class is filled with… freshmen. It’s supposed to be an advanced class for sophomores, so why are there only two other sophomores in it? And there were rumors that the teacher is on the nicer looking side but reeeeeaaaaally mean, so literally, when all the freshmen boys walked in, they either said ‘Damn, she’s hot/fine/etc.’, ‘She’s not that not hot’ or ‘Oh shit, this is her? We’re screwed!’. I don’t think I can handle all of them this year. On a side note, the teacher looks young and cool, but she really is a hard teacher. And the second the bell rang, she went straight to her blackberry. Looks like I know what she really cares about. Oh, and she said that ‘This is gonna be one of those classes where a lot of people get B’s.’ My parents only want As. Yikes.
  • AP US I…. stank. I did good on the multiple choice part of the test, but there were 2 essay questions and I only did one. And I don’t even think I did that good on it. :/ But they only counted for ten points, so… maybe I have a chance? I want to transfer out, but my parents are like ‘No, just work a little harder.’ I was like, um hello? Working a little harder = being in one honors class, not being in 3 honors classes and 1 AP class and trying to get all A’s.
  • English seems fun, because my teacher isn’t like those annoying people who try shoving their opinions about books down your throat. And he seems cool about writing.
  • My Spanish teacher…. where do I begin. She claims to be a native speaker, but not even the 3 or 4 Hispanic students in my class understand her. Only one kid likes her, but that’s because she talks with him, and he ‘speaks Spanish’ with her. Yes, because nodding your head, saying si, and asking ‘Como Estas?’ or saying Hola/Adios is clearly a high level of speaking Spanish. And that kid and I did NOT get along last year, so :/. Her Spanish skills are more like singing. From listening activities, the people in the tapes spoke it fast. She just extends vowels, and her sentences soundlikeeeee deeess. And her English skills? She makes progress sound like purgress. :/ Oh, and she starts the year with just speaking Spanish. No hello, or how was summer. Everyone was seriously like ‘WTH?’ .
  • Driver’s Ed. I can’t believe I might start driving soon! :o
  • The freshmen are obnoxious. They all travel in groups of 20 30 40, walk as slow as possible, and are in the previously senior-and-junior-only commons. And a lot of them just are dressing in sweats, obnoxious/unflattering colors, or just think they’re hot stuff because they were 8th graders and they graduated middle school. I’m not saying all freshmen are bad, I’m just saying 3/5ths of them are. :P
  • It’s weird how this year, colleges, SATs, ACTs, AP classes, and everything starts flowing together. Like, this year starts counting.

Now, I have to do my homework. So, thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Kami here (still to lazy to sign in lol)::
    As usual I will try to be organized as possible...
    ~Ok.. Well we don't have SAT's here but I still understand and all..so yeah i know how it feels here I take this really annoying computer class its like a pain in my ass seriously but..it does have juniors in it and yeah it does it awkward most of the time..

    ~Ack I feel so sorry for you being in 2 of her classes, just try to ignore her was much as you can hun :)
    ~I still can't understand why there are freshman kids in your class, its like...WTF?
    ~Heee hee I already have my learners permit :P So I can technically drive with an adult in the front seat and next year i get to officially have the wheel to myself :P Good luck with it :D
    ~ OMG i know..well this year we don't have freshman kids in our school, but then again the school is less crowded which is good. So, like this year its the exact same thing if they travel the travel in huge groups it sometimes it so fuking annoying especially when you are trying to get to your class!

    Well I wish you luck this year! Have fun with school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. -I think Mariah was trying to start drama. At English, she sat at the desk right next to me. Luckily, the teacher gave us assigned seats, so I'm nowhere near her. :D
    -I know! It's weird how they're all in a class most of my sophomore friends aren't in. I just don't want to deal with them on any chapter involving reproduction. -_-
    -Congrats on your permit! :)

    Thanks! And have a fun school year! :D

    ReplyDelete