Saturday, September 4, 2010

Stupidity of the Soul Stealers- with Update

Forgive me for the corny title. :P

So, if you’ve read AE’s post, you’ve heard about the new paysite atrocity to hit the Internet. It’s basically a website claiming to be a fair paysite which gives back to the people who make the custom content, not the people who run the website. It sounds okay… if it went well. You know, like Animal Farm pre-Napoleon. AE already said everything there is to say about the website, and to be honest, I’m too tired to fully understand it :X, so I’ll just restate and emphasize some random points.

  • The website is honestly TRASH. Aside from all the lag on that crap, I have to click a page several times for it to load. Like on those tabbed pages, sometimes it just randomly disappears. :/
  • They’re manipulative. Honestly, I’m trying to read some of the BS they posted about how they think paysites are okay, but they talk “like” this! Honestly, they sound like a shoddy lawyer in an alley. Don’t you agree? Besides, sometimes I barely understand what goes on at TMN! :P
  • They lie. I should’ve include this in the bullet before, but they talk about how they’re famous and know big companies. Oh, really? Then why did I need to find out about it from a blog? If they know EA, wouldn’t they end up in the EA store, or even, oh, I don’t know, gainfully and legitimately employed by EA, or any other video game company? Wouldn’t they be featured on Yahoo!, Disney anything, or basically, not for a shoddy reputation?
  • They think that they’re helping people. Okay, Soulless Sims kiddos, have you ever thought that the Sims games are expensive enough? Have you ever thought that buying the game alone can cost 50 dollars? Some people need new computers, which cost a hella lot. So where do you think people are going to find the money to pay for your shitty, shoddy content? And the only people who are going to win are the designers. Do you know that ‘warm, fuzzy feeling’ you get when you buy custom content? It’s not happiness that your helping someone you don’t even know. It’s fear, specifically of how you’ll pay next month’s rent. They talk about how websites like Paysites must be Destroyed suck because ‘You’re helping out people you don’t even know’. AREN’T PAYSITES THE SAME FREAKING THING?!?!!? I mean, I don’t download Custom Content much, but if it’s legal to charge for EA’s crap if you change one little thing even in Create a Style, can’t people charge for things from paysites, after doing the same? I mean, it’s *our* custom content, right?

Blah. My head hurts from all of this, and I still have summer reading to do. :( So, I’ll just link to a bunch of other blogs that posted stuff about Soulless Sims, okay?

(In no specific order)

  1. Grumpy Toast.
  2. Zeri's Useless Ponderings.
  3. Chouxie's Chalkboard.
  4. Thunder and Lightning.
  5. And Grumpy Toast again.
  6. Sims’ Sanctuary
  7. Sims' Sanctuary Again

If I missed any other blogs covering these con artists, just post it in the comments section.

And on a side note, why don’t any of these ‘controversial’ sites have a commenting or chat box section? I mean, I know why(So nobody could complain), but still. And can we just use gripe sites to complain about them again?

UPDATE: He claims to be from Texas, but is really from… Ireland?!? Thank you Sims’ Sanctuary for the information!

No comments:

Post a Comment