Saturday, September 11, 2010

9/11

Rest in peace to those who lost their lives during 9/11/01. I don’t remember a lot of it from the day that happened, I was 6 years old. I know my school just closed for the rest of the day and the next day.

The next part is a rant. If you don’t think you’ll be able to read this without using 5 profanities, slurs, insults, or other negative hate words, please press CTRL + W. Your cooperation is appreciated.

I think for the whole Koran burning and NYC Mosque thing, it’s only hurting other people. Specifically, Christians and non-terrorist Middle Easterners. And guess who happens to be both? :P Honestly, anytime I tell people I’m Armenian, and tell them it’s in the Middle East, I always get looks that scream ‘terrorist’. And I’ve been told to go back into my own country (I was born and raised here, in the US, English is just my second language, so I have an accent), just because of 9/11. And my parents say (Jokingly) that if we go to visit family in Syria, we’d probably try to lie and say we’re Canadian or something because of the ‘ugly American’ stereotype. Really, people? Is that what we want America to be? The melting pot for WASPs and Aryans only? Where guidos and guidettes are allowed to be themselves and respected for their heritage, but anywhere between India and Greece is frowned upon? Where one tiny group destroys the whole image of a culture, and people accept the new ‘version’? Honestly. It’s odd how people forget about people like Columbus(Who caused many deaths for Native Americans), the Westboro Baptist Church(Who discriminate against gays and non-Christians), and other negative Americans or non-Middle Easterners. I’m not saying praise the ME-ers, but I’m just saying: Hate the terrorists, not the innocent civilians/immigrants/innocent people.

And then I hate all those people who call themselves ‘American’, but all they do is hate any non-WASP, Aryan, or Christian, and call any liberal an evil communist. Please, can we all start acting like adults?

So, I hope with this incident, we’ll be able to protect what America really stands for: Land of the free, a melting pot, and a place for non abused freedom. And anyone who disagrees can just read Animal Farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment