Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Cool!

Monday, my birthday, went well. Open-mouthed smile And today, I have a snow day. I checked my email, and guess what I saw?

image

EA was giving me an exclusive, free birthday set?!?!

 

Then I read the asterisk.

image

Basically, I have to buy SimPoints to enjoy the discount thing.

Okay, so I just skimmed through it, and they gave a special code which I get to redeem. Maybe I can still get something? Smile with tongue out

(10 minutes later)

I did! I got a birthday set thing with a stuffed bear, balloons and flowers. Open-mouthed smile Better than nothing, right? Last year, I just got a 25% off thing from the EA store. I think I got the same thing this year. But I prefer buying stuff with CDs and like, having a physical copy of stuff, so it’s pretty useless to me. Smile with tongue out 

I realized I’m not the first person to have a birthday in the community, but I never knew EA cared about their customers. If you could call lousy marketing ‘caring’.

But my Sims laptop broke… so D:.

3 comments:

  1. That's cool that you got that! I thought they stopped doing it or it got messed up or something. I hate those 25 percent off things too. I like physical copies too. Digital copies seem more risky. Especially with EA :p. Sorry about your Sims laptop. That sucks. And glad that your birthday went well :D!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. I thought they'd be too cheap to give away free stuff, even on birthdays. When I buy a video game, it takes me a while to decide what to buy, and those 25% off coupons seem to cater to impulse buyers. I heard if you get banned from anything-EA owned, you lose your digital copy rights, but IDK if that was just a rumor/hyperbole or not. The charger broke, so my Dad's either going to try to fix it, or we'll have to buy a new charger.
    And thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol met too. It takes me a while to decide too. I always have an idea of what I want when I start looking, but then I get sidetracked.

    And you do lose your copy rights or at least I think. I got banned once. I lost all of my Store stuff. I mean it still appeared in the game, but it was gone from my purchase history. I would think it would be the same for digital games, but not sure.

    Aw that sucks. Hope you can work that out. And you're welcome :)

    ReplyDelete