Saturday, February 19, 2011

Bieber Fever

Recently, Justin Bieber and his fans have gone a bit psychotic. If any of you remember my thoughts on him and Lily Allen, then you should know I don't really like him. But I can tolerate him. I don't like when people say they're for gay rights or LGBT friendly and go like 'Don't make fun of Justin Bieber, what has she done to you?' and those kinds of jokes. Or 'Hey Justin, once you get your first kiss/your first WooHoo, your songs will really get good' stuff. I don't like how the media gives Justin the personality of an Amish prude and insults him for it, but Miley Cyrus is a druggie-party animal and the media hates her for that. And those random people who hate Justin a lot for no reason, to the point of wanting to kill him. Like goodness. If you're jealous of a 16 year old or however old he is, then you should reevaluate yourself. But yeah, where was I?
So last Sunday on the Grammys, Justin lost the best new artist award and some Esperanza Spalding girl won. Apparently, angry Bieber fans harassed Esperanza on Twitter because he lost to her. o.O That's a bit too much, don't you think? I don't listen to Esperanza, and frankly, I never heard of her before the Twitter thing, but you don't just harass someone because they won an award!
Then he had a Rolling Stone interview and he said that he was against abortion. Even for rape and incest. To specify, he said 'everything happens for a reason'. Um... okay? I think he had a single teen mom or something, so he could've been aborted and stuff and he's sensitive about abortion, but not letting rape and incest victims get abortions? That's ridiculous. Besides, Justin is Canadian (IE, not a politician or an American citizen), 16 and a boy, so he shouldn't even be asked for his opinion on abortion. And I don't know if Canadians treat abortion with so much controversy, but still. And what's even worse is that I saw a Tweet screenshot circulating the Internet of him allegedly saying 'only true beliebers would agree with me' or something to that effect. I heard it's a rumor, but still. Telling/guilting your demographic into agreeing with you? Like, 12 year old girls? What if one of his fans got raped or sexually abused or is pro choice? Do they have to move on to another artist?
And I heard a theory/conspiracy on the Joy Behar show that he's in an alliance with the Palins to get a new voting demographic for the 2012 election, because his fans could vote by then, and the pro life thing would make them become Republicans. I'm not even going to comment on that because it sounds like something from the National Enquirer, but it doesn't sound too far fetched. Justin's clean cut image and Bristol's DWTS success could help Sarah Palin in the election.
Then again, probably not. 4 years ago, the Jonas Brothers were really famous. Now, they're basically gone. Who says Justin could last?

I should probably change my comment settings for this post to avoid angry Justin fans. *Grabs shield and armor*

1 comment:

  1. Well, Degrassi had an episode or two on abortion, I think. That probably means it's a hot button issue. :P

    ReplyDelete