Friday, February 25, 2011

Sims 3: Generations?

To be honest, I’m kind of excited if this EP is true. There’s literally nothing for children to do besides practice skills or do the playground stuff. Sure, they could play video games but that’s boring. But this EP can add a lot of stuff for everyone.

Not to mention, I could probably play this while keeping my current family. Yeah, I could do the special Ambitions jobs in any town, but having 8 Sims and 2 or 3 professions is really a bad idea. And from what I’ve read, clubs in non-Bridgeport towns are annoying.

And there’s so much stuff they could do with this expansion. I know it would be impossible coding wise, but here’s my speculation/wish list:

  • Bunk beds!
  • Board games.
  • Slumber parties.
  • New traits (black sheep, prankster, sentimental)
  • New skills (sewing)
  • New ‘concepts’ (I don’t know what this would be called)- I saw something on the official EA forums about adopted kids finding their real parents. That sounds interesting; teen pregnancies (Hey, teens making new family members. That’s pretty on topic if you ask me)
  • Party stuff like games (Red light, green light anyone?), supplies, diving boards, pool toys like inflatable stuff for kids and so on.
  • Better ways to keep in touch with family members that moved out.
  • Those castle toy stuff that kids jump in at parties.
  • Raised house limit?
  • Maybe school clubs and more part time jobs. It’s not like adding new rabbit holes is that hard.
  • Party lots, like those birthday party places for kids IRL. I’m sure I could find some on the exchange, but it won’t hurt writing it here.

That’s all that I can think of for now. Smile with tongue out So as you could tell, I hope this is official.

6 comments:

  1. I'm not going to really comment about this until it's confirmed, though these features would be nice. Children are so boring in the game; it wouldn't hurt giving them some new features.
    Perhaps some more wedding stuff, too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome ideas :)! It kind of sounds like Freetime for Sims 2 in the sense that it just adds family activities or whatever. I wonder what it'll be like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks!
    Playing with kids in TS3 is so boring. I make them do homework then just switch to someone else. As long as they're green, then I could care less about what they do. :P Maybe this pack could make me care for them more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep :)! Yeah usually I just ignore kids unless I have the energy to try and make them have fun. Most of the good stuff comes when they're teens, so usually I just age them up after they have an A in school. Hopefully you're right though :)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, it's too much effort to think of 'fun' stuff to do. And their curfews ruin everything.

    I've been busy this week. Did EA confirm it yet?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry, didn't see this for a while, but no they haven't yet :p! I thought they would have done it last week, there was some gaming convention last week where companies announce stuff.

    ReplyDelete