Friday, January 7, 2011

There’s Snow Place Like Home

Yesterday was the day Orthodox Christians celebrate Christmas. And since I’m an Armenian Apostolic Orthodox Christian, I stayed home from school. I have to admit, there wasn’t really anything worth staying home for, because we just go to Church, but my Dad was busy because of work, so we couldn’t go. So I just tried to catch up on homework. But that didn’t really work.

Now before anyone comments and starts hating me because I’m using my ethnicity to my advantage, let me defend myself. I felt really stressed out and borderline depressed this week, because Holiday Break just ended, so I guess I needed a day off. Besides, I have known several people who have also done some similar things…

  • My ‘friend’ (Long story) was absent for a week because of an ear infection. While she was at the doctor’s office, she said she took a few more of those ‘please excuse so and so’ passes. I don’t know if she needed to get them signed, but apparently, her doctor was okay with her taking passes.
  • A girl in several of my classes has taken off for her sister’s Bat Mitzvah (Forgive me for any misspellings, I’m not Jewish and I’ll admit I’m ignorant) or something (She just said it was for her sister and then she was talking about the Bat Mitzvah so I’m just assuming they were correlated) and Passover, so I guess my religious holidays should count, too.
  • Another boy who always cuts class, never does his homework and so on, took off for Passover. I’m not exactly so sure on how he’d embrace the holiday.
  • A boy who was sick one day, came to school the next day, then was absent the next day because of make-up work. Although he claimed to sleep at 2 AM because of homework, so I could understand why he’d be absent.

And nobody went like ‘HEY NO FAIR THAT’S NOT A HOLIDAY, ARMENIANS DON’T EXIST!’. Okay, so that wouldn’t happen, but ignorant people would think that I’m just trying to cheat the system or something. One girl even said ‘Oh yeah! Yesterday was Armenian New Year, right?’. So I’ve done my job. Smile with tongue out Even if she got the wrong holiday. I don’t even think there’s an Armenian New Year.

And in New Jersey, there’s another snow storm. So today, we had a half day in school. I don’t like how my district will do anything to avoid closing school.

I don’t know if you remember my lazy English teacher, but guess what happened? Today, I was just writing an assignment I missed from Thursday, and since my desk is literally right next to his, I just glanced at his laptop from the side of my eye, and guess what I saw? HE WAS PLAYING SPIDER SOLITAIRE. I was so pissed off. Like, OMG. Sure, we were working in groups, but it’s stupid that he expects us to have positive work ethics when he doesn’t.

But in other news, I got a 100 on a jump rope test in gym. Open-mouthed smile Monday I was so inept at jump roping but now I actually got a 100 after taking countless retests! I’m pretty sure my teacher gave it to me out of pity, but who cares. xD

But I have homework in 6 of my classes. Sure, I only have to do 4 of them, and 1 of them is because I didn’t go to school Thursday, but it looks like I’ll be home all weekend, doing homework. Especially with the snow.  Sad smile Oh well. As long as I can go to the mall once, I think I’ll be okay. xD

…. I’m like the shopping version of an emotional eater. I just go to the mall whenever I’m feeling bored or sad and expect all my problems to be solved. And I buy things I don’t need. In New Jersey, T-Shirt season is from late April, if we’re lucky, to the end of September, if we’re lucky. And I counted how much t shirts I have from Aeropostale in the summer, and I have… 20 something. And I’m pretty sure I’ve bought more since then. Hey, it could be worse. I could be buying EA products. Smile with tongue out

But I heard we might be having a snow day Wednesday. So yay for new uber snow detecting technology.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the halfday. And it's ok about Armenian Christmas lol, it was a holiday and stuff. Better than the kids who skip for fun or fake sick(Which I've done a few times lol). Wow about another storm!


    And yeah it pisses me off when the teachers play Solitaire. Not so much the good teachers, but the bad ones. It happened so often in middle and elementary school. And I know one of my current teachers does it. It's so stupid how they slack off at their job, but feed us all of those work hard comments.


    Good luck with your homework :]! I have to do a lot too. I hate mid-terms lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I think global warming has to do something with all the snow. It feels like every year it comes later but more intense.
    Seriously! Once he was talking about how he's so busy all the time, so I believed him. And SS and I always joked that he just played games on the computer, but I was appalled when I saw that he was playing Spider Solitaire today.
    Thanks, you too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks lol :]. I hate when teachers say that they're sooooooooo busy and then you catch them doing that lol.

    ReplyDelete