Sunday, January 2, 2011

The R Word

What word can summarize my transient (Thanks, SAT Prep) winter break? Regret!

I don’t know where things went wrong. Maybe it was sleeping at 3 every day. Maybe it was not doing my homework during that blizzard, or when I came home. Maybe it was checking the online gradebook, and still thinking about school so much. But my biggest regret was yesterday.

I’m just going to warn you right here. The next part of my blog post is extremely bratty, so feel free to leave now if you think you can’t handle a bratty teen.

Friday, I slept at 5 AM. Well, 5:20. I know, that was a really stupid decision on my half. But I’ve done it before, and this week I slept at 3 most days, so I figured it wasn’t a big deal. I was wrong.

Saturday, I woke up at 12 PM. After a few minutes of relaxing, I went online. My parents told me I shouldn’t stay on too long, because we had relatives visiting New York City, so we had to visit them. I got angry, because I thought they would be adults who are at least 3 times older than me, talking about things I don’t care about, and treating me as a child. I was right, but I’ll explain that later.

My parents didn’t listen to my argument and just said ‘But their entire family of 5 is here! And they’d be sad if you didn’t visit. Plus, we’ll do whatever you want after.” I thought since it was their whole family, I probably should visit. And the last sentence sounded tempting, too. So we got dressed and went to NYC.

But there was traffic. For those of you who haven’t been to NYC, just think of it as driving around your block 20 times at 5 miles per hour. I got nauseous. And my parents had the radio on really loud, so I turned my MP3 on really loud, so I got a headache.

When we saw them, we just sat in their hotel room and talked. My parents and (I don’t even know how I’m related to them, to be honest, so I’ll just say my Aunt and Uncle for convenience) aunt and uncle just gossiped about other family members, for most of the time. My aunt and uncle didn’t even care that we were there or ask SS and I the usual ‘how’s school?’-esque questions.  And at the last minute, their 3 kids (Who are in their 20’s) came and said hi. I felt annoyed, but we left, so I could care less.

When we went home, I felt sick, so I just turned off the laptop at 10. I just went upstairs and lied down in my Grandma’s bed, because her room has a TV. But I felt even more sick from that (The show I was watching was George Lopez, if you’re wondering. Smile with tongue out), so I just turned it off and went into my bed. I felt even more sick, and then I… I’ll spare you the details, but the next part involved me kneeling in front of a toilet. Then I just went to sleep, because I was convinced I was sick and there was nothing to do besides sleeping.

Then… at 2:30 AM, I woke up. SS was going to sleep. After talking with him for a few minutes, I realized I felt okay. Like, not sick at all. And I was annoyed. If I just drank some Gingerale or tea, I could’ve felt better, and spend the last ‘full’ day of my Holiday break better. And some websites that I go to had a lot of New Year’s Day specials (Like Farmville and GPXPlus [Yes, I’m a nerd. Smile with tongue out]), so I missed out on those, too. BECAUSE. I. DIDN’T. DRINK. TEA. Ugh.

So as you could tell, I’m in a bad mood.

I really hope there’s a huge snowstorm tonight.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry, that really sucks and is stupid. Hope we do get a snowstorm tonight. That would be great. I hate when you have to visit family members who are barely related to you. It sucks that they didn't even acknowledge you! That's so rude! Anyways, hope you enjoy today :].

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's okay. Yeah, I hope so. The Weather Channel website doesn't say anything about a snowstorm, but anything is possible, right?
    Yeah, seriously! My parents made it sound like they'd get depressed or cry or something if we didn't show up and we literally had to sit in a hotel room for 3 hours. And we spent an hour looking for parking. -_-
    Thanks. :) I'll try.

    ReplyDelete