Friday, January 21, 2011

More Complaints

This week was not my best week at school. To sum it up, we got a new student teacher in English who actually does stuff and now the class is complaining because of all the work she’s giving us. We have to read like a few chapters of The Catcher in the Rye a night, which isn’t a lot. So… yeah. The complaints have been extremely far fetched. Like calling her a terrorist because she’s Azerbaijani, saying she’s creepy because she likes sci-fi, and implying that she’s irresponsible because she’s an unwed mother (She’s still in a relationship with the father, but that doesn’t change anything). I actually like her, because she comments on the journal entries we have to write. As in, she doesn’t just write ‘explain?’ and stuff 20 million times. But since I’m the minority in that class, guess who’s wrong?

In Photo, I need to make 2 final pictures and a contact sheet, which is basically a bunch of film picture stuff on one sheet. Google explains it better. Smile with tongue out But yeah. Yesterday, I made a picture that came out okay. He lost the test strip, which is one part of the project. Today, I made a great picture, which he liked, along with 4 backups. And guess what he said? ‘Yeah, you need a filter. You should stay after school next week.’. Why should I stay after school when he lost my test strip and he specifically told me that I didn’t need a filter? Ugh. And he thinks he’s my only class. Frankly, I care more about bringing up my other grades than one elective. I want an A, but if it means sacrificing my other grades, than forget it. And I heard next week New Jersey is going to be hell, snow-wise? Great. Thumbs down

But my SAT Prep grade went up. So that’s nice.

The next part of the post is me just rambling about my classes. So you don’t have to read it or comment or anything. Smile with tongue out 


In other news, I don’t know what classes to take next year. Not just electives, but ‘main’ stuff. I want to be in at least 3  honors or AP classes. I plan on taking Algebra II and Chemistry CP. I don’t know about Spanish 4, yet. I’m pretty sure I’m going to English 11 Honors. I might be in either US History II Honors, or AP. And then there's electives. I want to take Math SAT Prep, AP US Gov., and a social studies honors elective which is about current events and stuff. Oh, and gym. I don’t intend on going to Harvard or Yale or any of those schools, so I care about MY stress levels too, you know?

7 comments:

  1. That's good that you got a new student teacher that does something. It figures that most of the class would be complaining about a teacher that actually teaches lol.Wow. A terrorist and an irresponsible person? Those kids must be really close minded.

    That Photo teacher sounds pretty dumb. I hate teachers who tell you one thing and then say another after you did what they asked for. Hope everything works out in that class though. I wouldn't try to get an A if it means lowering your other grades.

    There's another snowstorm? Maybe you'll get a snowday or something? That's good that your SAT prep class grade went up :)!

    Lol what you just said was basically what I'm going to do for 11th grade (I'm a loser and plan my life out in advance :P) minus Math SAT prep (I don't think they offer that at my school which is stupid). Don't take too many hard classes. My sister did that a while back and she didn't really do well that year. But if you really wan to then do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. I didn't expect this much laziness from an honors class. And the class seriously just judged her for those, and didn't care to hear about any of her other life details.
    Yeah, he does that a lot. After this week, I don't have to take another Photo class. I did some extra homework this weekend so I could stay after longer this week. Ugh, that class is more stressful than my 'educational' classes.
    Thanks! :)
    Cool! And don't worry. In 8th grade, I almost memorized the course selection pamphlet because I was planning out all of my classes. This year I learned the hard class thing the hard way. But if I actually have an interest in the classes I'm taking, then that should be good. But I also heard that junior year is the hardest, so... :|

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's pretty prejudice of them! I don't get why people don't give other people a chance. It's stupid.

    I hate when an elective is worse than an actual academic class. It's so stupid. Those classes should be fun and not too hard not stressful.

    You're welcome :)!

    Thanks. I memorized some of it too. Mainly all of the history classes lol. I get what you mean by interest. You have to like the class. And I heard that Junior is the hardest too. That's how it was with my siblings and other people. But that's kind of the year you have to take hard classes cause senior year shouldn't be too stressful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah. But today was my last day of photo so now I just need to take the final and I'm done with it! :)
    Yeah. My cousin slept at like 1 most nights of her junior year. Then again, she had like 2 or 3 jobs (Tutoring and I forgot what), so she came home late.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's good that you're finally done with it! Your cousin did that too lol? I had two cousins who did that, both from the same family. One of them had insomnia problems so it worked out, but the other one didn't. You probably would be up till 10 or something though (Assuming you start your homework at 6 or around there) if you take a lot of hard classes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I start my homework at like 4, and I finish around 10 on most nights anyway. o.O

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow! That's early. I don't have that much patience lol.

    ReplyDelete