Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snow Day!

I have a snow day today! Which means I’ll be doing… nothing today. Smile Well, I have some daily English homework but I’ll do that later.

I was watching Mayor Bloomberg of New York City do a press release thing (I wanted to watch The View), and he said he didn’t close schools because it would be hard to get child care so last minute. They made the announcement at like 5 AM, apparently. I wouldn’t want to wake up so early to find out I would have to go to work or school anyway.

I feel bad for NYC kids. He said that they’ve only closed schools about 8 times since the late ‘70s. Since 2008, my school district has closed 8 times. o.O So I guess I should stop complaining about the lack of snow days.

2 comments:

  1. Wow that's not a lot lol. I feel bad for them too now lol.


    Hope you had fun :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. I was watching the news and they were showing Time Square and there was like no snow because of the cars and stuff.
    Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete