Sunday, January 16, 2011

The Acceptance Playlist

Since tomorrow is Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day, I’m going to make a playlist of Sim Music videos with themes about… accepting others!

Even though I already posted this song last month, I’ll post it again. I really like the video for the song and the Sim Video. It’s about using your inner spark, like a Firework. I like how it’s catchy and it has a message, and it’s not a slow ballad that I’d fall asleep to.

The next song is Underneath it All, by No Doubt. It’s like a decade old, but I still love it. Although this is a slow song, it’s instrumentals keep the song alive. It’s about how Gwen Stefani feels that her boyfriend likes her for who she is, under all that hair and make up and underneath it all. The actual music video portrays that theme better, though. But here’s a nice video about accepting others for who they are, not what they wear.

I know what you’re thinking. Ke$ha, in an acceptance playlist? That’s supposed to be honoring Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.? Well, yes. Her song, We R Who We R, is about, well, being who we ‘r’. Ke$ha was inspired by the recent gay suicides that occurred to write this song. Or so I heard. But yeah. This song is fun enough to have all the party animals singing it and it teaches acceptance! Ke$ha, you just earned my respect.

Raise your Glass, by P!nk, is the next song. The song is about just celebrating your flaws and accepting others. P!nk is good at getting her messages across, and Raise your Glass is no exception. So raise your glass, and celebrate your flaws!

Bruno Mars’s song celebrates being just the way you are. Okay, so it’s more for girls, and it’s ‘I like you even if you have love handles!’ more than ‘Your curves are adorable’, but… let’s not look to deep into the lyrics, okay? I like the video for this, and it makes me wish I had The Sims 2 for it. But am I the only one who thinks the ‘nerdy’ girl still looks better than most Sims and people in the real world?

The last song, Beautiful by Christina Aguilera, tells listeners that they are beautiful no matter what they say, and in every single way. I like the message, even though it’s Christina Aguilera telling us that it’s okay to not be beautiful. You know, because it’s not like a gorgeous, stick thin, blue eyed, blond hair girl who can sing and dance has to worry about being beautiful on the inside.

 

Happy Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day! Enjoy your day off and remember, accept others!

5 comments: