Friday, January 21, 2011

Oh, Na, Na

What’s my name? Smile with tongue out 

I want to change my username. I don’t know why. ArmenianTwin95 is too long, and nobody ever abbreviates it as AT95 or something, so I feel bad when people just type out the whole name. That, and it varies from person to person. I mean, in real life, I have a custom name pronunciation from basically everyone, so I should be used to it, but sometimes there’s a space, other times, there’s no ‘95’, or I’m just ‘Armenian’ or ‘Twin’. I know it doesn’t really matter, and that even if I change my name, someone will probably still mentally refer to me as ArmenianTwin95. But I guess I just want a change. I’ve been using this name since the summer of 2009, when I wasn’t sure what I was going to do with my new online ‘persona’ or life, or whatever you’d call leaving your old community and going into a new one.

And more importantly, I feel bad for having SS and my shared blog with only my name. Like in the season 8 theme song in Roseanne, when Sarah Chalke and Lecy Goranson shared the role of Becky Conner, but only Lecy got the credit.

So… here are some ideas for a new username. I’d still be ArmenianTwin95 on the EA forums, just in case if anyone wants to gift me. Winking smile 

1. BluePlumbob or something to that effect.

The good: Hmm… I don’t know. It sounded cool in my mind, but…

The bad: The initials, BP, sound like the oil company and Bristol Palin. It also sounds like the Pink Plumbobs, so I don’t want to be connected with them. And if I moved on from the Sims, the theme wouldn’t really fit anymore, so yeah.

2. CyberSloth.

The good: It fits my personality, it’s probably more memorable and easy to write. I also have some blog header ideas that I can use with that name. And CS looks like a cool initial.

The bad: I use a similar name for one of my IRL blog stuff, so I don’t want anyone to make a connection. From either ‘side’.

 

I’m thinking of going with the second option. But then again, if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it, right?

 

And which music website is better: Pandora or Last.FM? I’ve been using Pandora today, but the 40 hour per month limit might get annoying in the summer, and Last.FM still hasn’t sent me my verification email… so yeah.

3 comments:

  1. Your name is fine right now lol, but if you really want to change it I'd go with the second option.

    Not really sure about the music websites. Can you register multiple times on Pandora without it costing money?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, thanks. I don't know if I'm going to, though. But on the plus side, I have new screenname ideas. :)


    I probably can, but I don't know if that would be illegal. Maybe one can be SS's account. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's good you have new ideas at least :). I was going to change mine, but I can't think of anything.

    Maybe it would be illegal. Idk. One could be SS's. And then one could be your mom's and your dad's hypothetically....

    ReplyDelete