Thursday, April 21, 2011

That Was Fast

My school week is already over. Smile And I had no homework this week, too. I have some this weekend, but I could manage it.

In Spanish, we have to do a project where we make a fake soap opera. I’m working with SS for it. A senior girl is working with us because she’s the only senior in the class and our group needed people. Things were working out fine, until another girl, ‘Julia’, joined. Actually, Julia was in another group, but Julia has a rep of being a workaholic control freak, so her other group kicked her out. No, I’m not making this up. Smile with tongue out 2 other members of Julia’s old group were talking in my history class which we had a few hours before Spanish, and they were thinking of ways to get Julia out of the group. Apparently, they didn’t even tell Julia she could go in, and she assumed she could, on her own.

So Julia joined and things went downhill. We spent at least 5 minutes giving each other our emails because she has three and thought it would be helpful to give us all of them. She wanted to write the script by herself this weekend, even though we already agreed to write it together after school next Monday. The Spanish Teacher stood behind our group just to eavesdrop and laugh. :\

Then Senior Girl told SS and I that we should suggest stuff, too. I said we could do like a Jerry Springer type of show, and SS and Senior Girl liked the idea. Julia, however, doesn’t know was Jerry Springer is, so we just summed it up as ‘a talk show where people talk about their problems but fight’. She just heard the talk show part and assumed we were going to be doing a Dr.Phil type of thing. But Senior Girl told her to look it up on YouTube, so we’re doing a Jerry Springer thing. IDK if we’re allowed though, because it’s soap operas and it’s a talk show, but whatever.

After class, my teacher talked to me and said if we needed an ‘outside force’ (Her) to talk to one of the group members (Julia) about being overbearing, we could just ask. But I don’t want to. I mean, she already got kicked out of one group and she has good intentions. I don’t want to hurt her feelings or anything, because that would be cruel and she’s not exactly the most popular person in the class already. But Julia is probably the most hardworking student in the class, or in the Top 5, anyway. It can’t be that bad, right?

This is why I hate group projects.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry about that. I know how tough stuff like that can be. I kind of have a similar problem, but with a male Julia.

    She didn't know who Jerry Springer was!? That's.. different. It doesn't really matter or anything, it's just different lol. I would think that the idea would be fine :p!

    That's good that you're still being nice to her; most people would have just kicked her out. It's kind of tough to try and get in your ideas when you're working with someone who is pretty bossy. Plus, it sounds like she has already made up her mind about her writing the script.

    Sorry that you have to do a group project :/. I hate those things too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's part of being in school. You don't just get an education from it, you learn how to work together with your peers, and therefore, solve any issues that might come with those peers.

    While the teacher has her heart in the right place, you all should be able to handle it on your own. How else will you learn to deal with people down the road?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Mike: I think her parents are strict and they seem like the type that don't allow her watching that kind of stuff. I hope she doesn't watch it with her parents nearby :P .
    Yeah. She said she'd be busy this weekend because it's her birthday or something, so maybe if we're lucky she won't do anything.
    @AE: True, but it's hard to deal with people who are unwilling to compromise on such a short amount of time. I guess it's all part of the learning experience.

    ReplyDelete