Friday, March 11, 2011

No Title

First of all, welcome back TMN! Smile We all miss you.

The next part of the post is a rant. Mean? Yes. Uncalled for? Probably.

No offense Vidkid, but I think you overreacted. I understand that sometimes some jerks overreact on your blog, but last night’s post wasn’t that rude. Maybe enough to close comments, but not enough to make your blog private. And we all didn’t comment on your blog negatively, so just because a few people were mean to you, that doesn’t mean you need to hide your entire blog. I understand this post is going to be viewed negatively and I’m going to be antagonized for my opinion, but guess what? That’s it. My opinion. Nothing else.

A few years ago, I had a Pokémon fansite. I got several rude comments from an unknown visitor. He wasn’t anonymous, but everyone literally knew each other in that community, so yeah. But I didn’t delete that chatbox or hide my website or anything. I just checked his IP address and ironically, it was the same IP address as my frenemy from that community. And that week, we were enemies. So yeah. And then I simply told him ‘look, your IP address matches so-and-so’s. Explain.’ . But the frenemy said it was his cousin staying over his house (who ironically also knew a lot about web design Shifty) and his cousin just trolled. The only outside source that got involved was my other friend who was hosting the website at the time, and soon, the comments went away. I was 14, the frenemy was 13 and the hostess was 17. But we managed to keep it under control. So if a bunch of teenagers could control their problems, why can’t young adults?

And I got into a Facebook fight once. This girl, who I’ve blogged about in August I think, was acting completely psycho. Like, writing on my wall, status, wall posts, and everything else with… messages. Everything you could think of. From apologies to threats. But I handled it well and maturely (and I even got 4/5ths of the grade to be on my side Smile with tongue out) by responding to her calmly. She just hid her wall, blocked anyone who didn’t completely support her, and printed out selected screenshots to the principal. Most of the grade thought she acted stupid about it, because she couldn’t even fight her own battle (which she started). My point is, you can’t just hide from your battles all the time. Sometimes, you gotta deal with negative people and comments, too.

*prepares to get ostracized*

7 comments:

  1. I'd comment, but I told myself that I'd stay out of it. If Vid wants to comment, she will, but for the most part, I think she's done blogging for a bit. That's her choice, and maybe she needs that time away. I hope that everyone can understand it. I'm tired of the crap too, so I hid my Grumpy Toast as well. I've also left the simming community and after SIFF, I will no longer be playing the games, building, or writing stories.

    I think everyone reaches a point where they are so sick of it they leave. That's what Vid has done and whether you agree or not, that is what happened and nothing can change it except for her, which will ultimately be her decision.

    And there I go rambling on about it when I need to shut up and get off and away from the computer, which I will do now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you on that. She did sort of over-react, but that does happen to all of us at one point or another. I was thinking about quitting this week, and then Wednesday and Thursday happened and I almost did leave because I was so angry at the time. I mean, sure, I had a right to be angry those 2 days, but for me to delete my blog just because of what one person was spewing from his hateful mouth was over-reacting. Point being, we all over-react at some time.

    Back to Vidkid though, I'm sure there were probably other (personal) reasons why she left though cause those people weren't even being rude to her, and she's dealt with much meaner responses in the past. She probably was just having a bad week and then those comments set her off or something. But like I said those people weren't even being that rude to her.

    But it is her choice to leave and no one can change that for her, so if she decides that she truly does want to leave in a few days after looking at the situation calmly, then that's her choice and no one should try to stop her from leaving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ^You are quite right. I'm very overwhelmed and stressed out for some reason. Been building up, but I figure it would go away in time. It's been a couple weeks now. Call it a excuse, but thats how it's been for me.

    I apologize to one person and the other I will not get into that.

    Anyway I saw lot of people thoughts of me on the other person's blog and I was very shock to see them to think so negative of me. Maybe I deserve it, but it was huge blow to my confidence and drive. I was already upset and I don't think my one bad moment deserved all that, but meh maybe it did to some.

    I think it's best I don't blog as like Mare said, more of unhappy feelings and anger will pour into it. I don't want to fight anymore and if anybody wants address me can do privately as adults now.

    Also I apologize if I was ever rude or harsh to you in anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understood your Grumpy Toast closing more than her blog closing, AE. She made it sound like everyone besides you and TMN threatened her or something, which I found a bit absurd. And you still have the website, so you didn't completely disappear.
    Overreacting is okay, but blaming it on everyone who visited her blog besides a handful of people was what annoyed me. Most of the time, I lurk on blogs. I read most, if not all posts, but I rarely comment. And I'm sure there are others like me. So why do we lost reading privileges?
    I don't really know what else to say, besides that the community will miss her and be empty without her.

    And by the time I finished typing this, I noticed Vidkid's comment, so... yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am very sorry you felt that way. I did not mean it that way and did not mean to blame everyone. I let my emotions get the best of me. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Vidkid: Sorry that you were feeling stressed out, and if this post was out of place. You weren't mean or rude or anything to me.
    If you feel like a break is what you need, then do it. But blaming everyone isn't going to solve the problem. Also, there are way more people who think positively of you than your haters.
    But yeah. Do whatever you feel is right.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for being so understanding. This post was actually needed, as I can't keep running away when times get tough. I may think of coming back, but it won't be full time. I definitely appeciate the people who think positively of me tho and I'll make sure they know that. Hmmm...maybe in proper im taking a break post. That last post was made at not a good time. >_<

    ReplyDelete