Monday, March 14, 2011

Generations

I have mixed feelings on Generations. The trailer didn’t seem exciting or even new. I feel like the either have that from 2009, ie the base game, or they had to rush it before Amazon had the news before they did, like what happened for Ambitions last year.

The only exciting thing so far from the trailer seems to be home videos (Did we already have that?) but I could only watch what I already played so many times, you know? But maybe it could be edited to have stuff like custom TV shows. I also thing the possible magic part seems fun, but I’d be more interested if it’s like magic-magic. Like stuff from the Sims 2, or what I’ve seen from legacies. Not just random moodlet spells. But then again, apartments were ruined. So magic, which was from the same EP, probably will also be ruined. Would it be too big of a wish to expect decent kid’s and elder stuff?

Dislike… well, I don’t want to write a novel. I don’t like the pranks because they seem more malicious than ‘humor’ ish or Mischief night style pranks. Like ‘I stole your bills and you’re getting evicted because of my prank LOL!’ than buzzers and whoopee cushions. Not that kind of whoopee, game show fans. Smile with tongue out 

I feel like this EP will be more at home stuff than clubs or new lots. Like, at least Ambitions had new places to socialize with people like the Laundromat or salon. Sure, they’re not like the watering holes of spouse hunting (like Clubs), but those NPCs sometimes had family members or something. Besides, custom content makes anyone look like a model.

Oh yeah, clubs! I haven’t really had the time to play them yet, but I wish they’d have clubs for kids. Not like pedo bait places, but after school clubs where kids could befriend others with similar interests. Like science club for genius Sims/Sims with logic points, art club for any ‘art’ trait Sim or ‘art’ skill (There’s no way I’m writing down 90 million traits and skills down), sports teams, orchestra and so on. And they could be rabbit holes that meet once a week after school or something. So this way, spouses could have stuff in common, not just be high school sweethearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment