Saturday, November 20, 2010

The Future of Kids’ TV

If you visit DanWARP, Dan Schneider’s blog, you’ll see fans going rabid over last night’s episode. And Dan did what a responsible adult would do… delete comments and insist that nothing is going wrong. Mr.Schneider, you sir, are a jerk. So it looks like a lot of people won’t watch iCarly, and later on, Victorious, anymore.

On Disney, Hannah Montana and Wizards of Waverly Place are ending, Jonas LA got cancelled ended, and Sonny with a Chance… well, Demi’s in rehab. Oh, and Suite Life has a movie coming out, as well as cancellation rumors… so =|. So the future of kid’s television, or rather Disney and Nickelodeon, looks odd.

  • Big Time Rush. They look like a better alternative to the Jonas brothers. I’m not saying they’re musical geniuses, but they have fun, catchy songs you’d expect from Nickelodeon. Not fake melodrama like Disney has with Jonas. They don’t really take themselves seriously, which I like. And it’s made by the Ned’s Declassified people, so that’s also nice. I mean, I don’t really go out of my way to watch it, but it’s better than I thought it would be, and I just keep it on if nothing else is on TV. But… it’s on season 2 already, and it’s not made by Schneider’s Bakery, so Nickelodeon will probably cut it sooner than other SB shows (SB? Spongebob? Yeah, something tells me that’s not just a coincidence). It’s also making everything that moves on Nickelodeon pump out CDs, singles, videos and concerts, but it hasn’t bothered me that much… yet.
  • Good Luck Charlie. I like it because it’s more TGIF than Disney Channel, but that probably means the Mouse House will axe them quick. They have a movie coming out (Made for TV, but hey, SB has like 6 iCarly ‘movies’!), so that should be okay. I hope Mia, AKA Charlie, grows up normally. Oh, and they already are working on season 2… but the episodes are going out really slow.
  • Shake it Up! looks like it’s here to stay for a while. I think it’s too annoying to watch so far, but I know by next year I’ll watch it, so I’ll just wait for more episodes or something. I hope their acting improves.
  • Victorious: Do they really only have 5 episodes? Seriously, I’ve seen like only 5 episodes of it because those are the ONLY ones Nickelodeon shows. It feels like Dan knows his show is going to be successful, so he’s slacking on the quality. And it’s working. Victoria Justice is everywhere, and the script isn’t that good.
  • Disney has like… two new shows planned. ANT Farm, which is about a girl who goes to a performing arts school, more or less. People complain that China McClain, the main actress on ANT Farm, is African American, and that the show is called ANT Farm, now ‘[name] high’. The other one, Madison High, is basically Glee with Disney music. And younger kids. I smell failure.

On the other hand… I heard ABCFamily is having a Raven show? That sounds nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment