Monday, May 31, 2010

Disney’s Double Trouble with Double Standards

Remember how when I started this blog, I said it would be less random? Well… I kind of lied. :X

So with me having like no homework on Memorial Day Weekend, I was bored, and decided to go on the Free On Demand section that I get with Verizon. And since I still watch Disney Channel as well as Nickelodeon(To be fair, I started re-watching their shows after reading TVTropes, they provide kind of different and original views on shows), I checked the Disney section out.

I was watching Suite Life On Deck, because I had nothing else to do. And there was that ‘Bermuda triangle alternate reality’ episode, but instead, Zack and Cody just became separated at birth. The twins switched personalities with each other, and normally, everyone on the show hates Cody for being sensitive, disliking sports, applying himself in school, and so on. But in this episode, they hated Alternate-Reality Cody because HE was a womanizer, could care less about school, lazy and so on. Okay Disney, let me get this straight, so it’s okay to hate friendly people in one world, and then the exact opposite in the other? In the AR world, everyone was all ‘shame on you Cody DX’ to Cody, but in their ‘real’ world, everyone hates Cody for being friendly and sensitive. Seriously, that whole episode was just Cody abuse. They didn’t even have a moral of ‘Extremes are bad, moderations are good’ or anything, just ‘Be careful what you wish for’.

And then, I heard that JONAS is getting a second season, but the whole show is being remodeled, revamped, and rewritten, because the Jonases are ‘moving’(Truth: JONAS failed to attract viewers, merchandise, or anything, so they’re doing everything they can to save it.). Oh, so when a show that doesn't have eye candy as it's main stars doesn’t do that good, you have to kill it immediately, but when it’s a cash cow like JONAS(Who already have Camp Rock,  Living the Dream, their own music ‘career’, and other junk),  you have to try EVERYTHING to save it? Good gosh. With Hannah Montana ending(They have another special episode coming, this time on Military families), Suite Life having no end in site, Wizards wrapping up on it’s third season, and Sonny with a Chance having no chance, Disney needs to learn what to do with their shows. Oh, and Good Luck Charlie seems nice for now, but I wonder how the Jason Dolley curse will affect it.

 

Happy Memorial Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment