Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Earthquake?

Wow, there was an earthquake over here. Well, not here here (NJ), but in Virginia. Virginia is like 8 or 9 hours away from here, but we felt it here in NJ. Even people as north as Rhode Island felt it. It was weird because it was a 5.9 which is something California would be getting. My couch was shaking and I didn’t think anything was going on. Then all of the news stations started covering it and I was like ‘oh my gosh, that was an earthquake!’. Thankfully everything is alright so if there aren’t any aftershocks, we should be safe. But I have to cancel my plans for today (just going to the mall Smile with tongue out) because of earthquake safety stuff.

Did you feel the earthquake where you live?

2 comments:

  1. We had one here in Maryland. The phones are down and it's all over the news. My fan on the table started shaking and my dog was barking. I thought it was neighbors being nosy or a big truck was outside. I was really confused. My first earthquake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here. Apparently it didn't do much damage though, so that's good.
    And sorry for replying late. My cousin was sleeping over then we had a power outage.

    ReplyDelete